Tuesday, April 22, 2008

in bloom part 3

nasturtiums that i grew from seed, i don't think i'm in love with this variety though, i'll have to try a different one next year--or a few different ones. you just can't have too many nasturtiums!

foxglove, i did not grow this but it is one of my very favorite things...

i'll have to go outside and check the tag on this one. i got it in austin and had seen it several times in different gardening magazines--it looks like something right out of a dr. seuss story--i love them, little eyeballs.

i am curious as to what different people call this, i usually refer to it as strawberry begonia

and my yesterday, today and tomorrow. i love these, a great old fashioned plant. i can't wait til it gets big and covers up the ugly electric box on the side of my house!

3 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Call anything Dr. Seuss'ish and I'll like it! That really is a cool flower...that eyeball thingie.

Beautiful pics, Laura!

Anonymous said...

We call that plant strawberry begonia up here in Maine, too. But here, it is a houseplant.

I can't believe you have yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Just found it yesterday in my new book of wildflowers from the americas (that one, south) and thought what a lovely name it had.

Anonymous said...

What an exciting yet relaxing area around your home with all these lovely plants. After seeing all the varieties and colors you're growing, I believe I will throw in some color between my green and white plants!