Thursday, April 24, 2008

random

a random collection of pictures i've taken over the past few days i find interesting...
green anole looking for a mate on our a/c unit... too bad i didn't get the nice pink throat flap in the photo...

walking iris--i love that color combination, so unusual


rain tree frog peeping out of the saucer of a rabbit-foot's fern


i couldn't resist posting more foxglove pictures--they're really prolific

and i really couldn't resist an update of the giant dutchman's pipe!!! i know a bunch of my fellow garden bloggers have these but i've never had the giant variety before so i'm super stoked!!! i still even get excited about the regular size so this is just really crazy. i really didn't expect it to get this big and it's not even open yet!!! i can't wait to see it in it's full, chocolatey, velvety glory!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some of the wackiest pictures...the dutchman's pipe looks like some alien lifeform. Come to think of it, so does the iris. What wacky stuff are you growing there in cajun country????

chey said...

Wonderful photos! The walking iris and giant dutchman's pipe look very interesting!!

herself said...

Those are wonderful photos! I love the little frog in the pot.

lawremc said...

Love the image of the tree frog. We kept one for a pet from fall til spring several years ago. When Buddy began to sing, my little girl let him go to be with his friends.

Wicked Gardener said...

The picture of the iris is stunning.

Anonymous said...

All great images, but my fave is the rain tree frog. He's found a perfect hang-out spot.

Anonymous said...

I love to watch lizards and frogs as they do their own things, usually sitting and waiting for a meal. My lizards perch on a giant bromeliad and a tall palm-like thingie. Yesterday a cardinal made a meal of a young lizard in front of me! I thought cardinals ate only seeds. That was a surprise, ugh.

Unknown said...

Your photos are gorgeous, Laura. I have always loved the green anole. How did you get such a great close up? I always found them to be quite shy.

Diana said...

I can't get over the size of that thing. It's amazing! Keep posting pics of it - love em.